Award Ceremony – Meet our winners from the 3rd & 4th AI4Copernicus Open calls
AI4Copernicus completed its four rounds of Open Calls with the second Award Ceremony that was held online on Monday 26 September 2022, at 10.00 CEST. In a dedicated award ceremony, the 3rd and the 4th Open Calls winners were officially announced! Watch the video below to learn more about the winning projects!
During the online event, project’s partner Mr Manolis Koubarakis, from the National & Kapodistrian University of Athens, welcomed the event participants and briefly presented AI4Copernicus project. Mr Miguel Angel Rubio Escudero, AI4Copernicus‘ Project Officer, also had a presentation, which was followed by the announcement of the winners, introduced by Mrs Xenia Ziouvelou, AI4Copernicus Innovation Officer, NCSR Demokritos.
Watch the video of the Award Ceremony:
From the 3rd and the 4th round of Open Calls resulted eleven winning projects (eight from the 3rd Open Call and three from the 4th Open Call), which gave a short presentation of their winning ideas.
Meet the 3rd Open Call winners:
- ODFuse4Ship – Ocean Data Fusion for Ship Routing
- Lobelia Air – Machine Learning-powered Air quality monitoring and forecasting at your doorstep
- EO4NOWCAST – Earth Observation for Severe Weather Hazard Nowcasting
- ESFA – Empirical Seasonal Forecasts for Agriculture
- PLANET – hyPerlocal cLimate driven LANd Evaluation (intelligent) Tool
- FertiRec – Postcode based fertiliser rate recommendation system
- OPTIMAL – cOPernicus irrigaTION mAnagement tooLkit
- LIVE4ENV – Reducing the environmental impact of livestock farming and optimising resources using satellite imagery, IoT and AI
Learn more about the 3rd Open Calls winning projects!
Meet the 4th Open Call winners:
- AI4 E2O.Green – AI4 E2O.Green – from Earth Observation 2 Urban Irrigation AI Optimisation for urban green space overheating and greenhouse gas reduction
- AI-RON MAN – AI-based wildfiRe predictiON for the risk MANagement of TLC Infrastructures
Learn more about the 4th Open Calls winning projects!
Subscribe to our newsletter or follow AI4Copernicus on social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) and stay informed for further announcements, events, and news from the community!