AI4Copernicus is a three-year H2020 project which will be developed through eight work packages, as follows.
WP1 Leader - NCSR-D
● Ensure a smooth flow of the project activities.
● Constantly monitor and steer the R&D work to achieve the project goals.
● Properly and on time execute all administrative and financial tasks.
● Elaborate and implement corrective actions, where necessary.
● Interact with the Commission representatives.
WP2 Leader - TAS
User Requirements & Acceptance
● Collect the operational needs from users, to inform bootstrapping service provisioning and for Open Calls.
● Match operational needs with the solutions made available and developed during the project and define scenarios.
● Assess impact of the project developments on economy, society and environment.
WP3 Leader - UoA
Technical Positioning & Architecture
● Describe the architecture specifications, tools and components of AI4Copernicus.
the design for the semantic catalogue that will assist in semantic search and discovery in the platform.
● Monitor AI and Copernicus landscape in Europe and position AI4Copernicus appropriately.
● Demonstration of the usability of the solution by the reference test and the use cases selected in the open calls (WP6).
● First versions for all technical solutions will be put in place in line with requests from use-cases and small-scale experiments.
WP5 Leader - SATCEN
Bootstrapping AI4Copernicus with High-Impact Services
● Overseeing and carrying out the bootstrapping of AI4Copernicus with high-impact services and resources.
● Receiving the operational needs of users from WP2.
● Exploiting the datasets made available through AI4Copernicus.
● Coordinating domain specific services and resources with general services of WP4.
● Targeting intermediators and end-users in the fields of agriculture, energy, security and health.
● Providing the resources for the development of new services derived from open calls (WP6).
● Maintain the resources during the open call development.
WP6 Leader - NCSR-D
Technology Transfer via AI4Copernicus Open Calls
● Focuses on technology transfer via the AI4Copernicus Open Calls.
● The objectives
of this task will focus upon the (a) design, (b) implementation and (c) evaluation of the AI4Copernicus Open Calls for
Projects (use-cases and small-scale experiments) and Open Calls for citizen-driven theme/social cause selection.
WP7 Leader - BLUE-SIGHT
Exploitation, Communication & Dissemination
● Focuses upon three key AI4Copernicus areas, namely: innovation, exploitation and sustainability
● Dissemination and communication aspects (for the project and the open calls).
building, engagement and adoption of AI4Copernicus (including the open calls).
WP8 Leader - NCSR-D
This work package sets out the 'ethics requirements' that the project must comply with.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 101016798.