Why and how we process your personal data
The data collected on the website of AI4Copernicus stem exclusively from the voluntary registering of your personal data, for example by subscribing to our newsletter or any event related to AI4Copernicus solely for communication purposes regarding upcoming events and the open calls.
On what legal ground do we process your personal data
The data collected on our service stem exclusively by:
- Using our services and submitting to our Terms of Service.
- The voluntary registering of your personal data, for example by subscribing to our newsletter
Which personal data we collect and further process
We collect your email (required) and your name/surname (optional) upon your subscription to our newsletter and/or any related to AI4Copernicus. In the event you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect via session cookies the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security. The legal basis for this is a balancing of interests pursuant to Art. 6.1(f) GDPR:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Amount of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
How long do we keep your personal data
We keep your personal data:
- Until the end of your subscription period (if applicable)
- Until you withdraw your consent (if applicable)
- The information obtained via the session cookies for an infinite period of time for historical, statistical or scientific purposes with the appropriate safeguards in place.
How do we protect and safeguard your personal data
All personal data are stored on the servers of AI4Copernicus website. We put in place appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure that your data are kept up-to-date and processed securely in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (hereafter “GDPR”).
Who has access to your personal data and to whom it is disclosed
Only authorized personnel on a need to know basis has access to your personal data. Your personal data will not be shared with any organization – commercial or otherwise excepted in case of external consultancy in relation with the website. In such case appropriate measures will be implemented. We will never divulge your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
What are your rights and how can you exercise them
As a ‘data subject’ under Chapter III (Articles 12-22) of the GDPR you have the following rights towards us with regard to personal data concerning you
- Right of access (Art. 15 GDPR)
- Right of correction or deletion (Art. 16 GDPR Art. 17 GDPR)
- Right of limitation of processing (Art. 18 GDPR)
- Right of opposition to processing (Art. 21 GDPR)
- Right of data transferability (Art. 20 GDPR)
You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data.
You can exercise your rights by sending us an email here: info (at) ai4copernicus-project.eu
You also have the right to withdraw your consent at all times. The withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out before you have withdrawn the consent.
You can exercise your rights by contacting the Data Controller, or in case you can file a complaint at the local Data Protection Authority.
The person responsible for the processing of personal data on this is the DPO of AI4Copernicus Consortium.
To contact the person responsible: Mr Alexandros Nousias (email@example.com)
National Center for Scientific Research ‘Demokritos’, Patr. Gregoriou E & 27 Neapoleos Str, 15341 Agia Paraskevi, GREECE