Award Ceremony – Meet our winners from the 1st & 2nd AI4Copernicus Open calls
On Thursday 3 March 2022, in a dedicated Award Ceremony, AI4Copernicus officially announced the winners of the 1st & 2nd rounds of Open Calls!
During the online event, project coordinator Dr Vangelis Karkaletsis welcomed event participants and presented the winners of the 1st and 2nd Open Call. Mrs Cecile Huet, Head of Unit, Robotics and Artificial Intelligence Innovation and Excellence at the European Commission gave a short presentation on the European Commission’s priorities in the domain. The event was also attended by European Commission project officers, Mrs Esther Diez Perez and Mrs Evangelia Markidou.
Watch the video of the Award Ceremony:
The eight winners (six from the 1st Open Call and two from the 2nd) briefly presented their funded project ideas to more than 70 participants during the ceremony.
- SR4C3: Super Resolution for Climate Crisis Context
- SLIDE: Satellite Images Prediction with Deep Learning
- VALENS: AI 4 Copernicus Blue
- Sen4Weeds: Automatic detection and mapping of in-field weeds
- SCAVIHO: Scalable Vegetation Index and Harvesting Forecaster
Find detailed information about the winning proposals of the 1st Open Call here.
- PAUCHIE – Reducing the urban heat island effect
- ARTEMIS – Reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
Find detailed information about the about the winning proposals of the 2nd Open Call here.
Subscribe to our newsletter or follow AI4Copernicus on social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) and stay informed for further announcements, events, and news from the community!